I finished up these two projects this past week. The first one is the hand sampler that I started after Mason was born. It's all my kids hands as they were in February of 2010. I had the frame in the basement, but it wasn't quite the right size, so I added fabric to the top and bottom. Of course now it is bothering me seeing how crooked I sewed the bottom piece! I may have to fix that, or just leave it and pretend it makes it more handmade and old looking,LOL!
They kind of look like a bunch of turkeys, you know the hand ones you made in grade school :) Not sure where I'm going to hang it, but most likely will be in the family room as it is the colors of that room.
And here is the crocheted rug. It ended up being almost 4' by 6', it is laying on a rug that size so you can see the comparison
I had at first crocheted a scalloped edge around the whole thing, but I didn't like the look, so I ripped it all out and put a simple edging on of a contrasting cotton yarn that was a smaller weight.
The kids liked it here in front of the fireplace because it was soft and squishy, but it's not the look I want there. It's going to end up in a bathroom I think, maybe when we move. And don't laugh at how wonky it is! It's hard crocheting something that big and keeping it even, especially when you aren't following a pattern and just throwing in stitches where you see necessary :)(ya, I work that way).
Have a magnificent weekend,